Thursday, June 17, 2010

Why do the people in my office make comments on what I wear, my hair style, my skin, good or bad the

The people in my office men and women always have something to say. I bought a new dress and I thought it was so cute and the first thing they said was "is that your moms dress?" I was hurt all day. They other day two people gave me advice (not asked for) on dealing with my skin. I'am the youngest person in my office and they all check my out as soon as I walk in the door. I have tried to tell my boss and she said not to be so sensitive. They make mean hurtful comments everyday. How do I deal with this problem. I love my job so I don't want to quit. I got my hair cut short and five people told me they liked it longer. I feel like they pick on me. I have tried to ignore them but they make it a point to come to my desk to get my attention. Help me think of a solution please. Thank you



Why do the people in my office make comments on what I wear, my hair style, my skin, good or bad they comment?

You know what?Just ignore them!They are jealous of you!Maybe they have nothing more interesting to do than trying to convience themselves you are not better than them.Don't let such small things destroy your day and your mood!



PS:Next time someone tells you something mean,make them zip it by telling something smart...quickly!



Hope I helped : )



Why do the people in my office make comments on what I wear, my hair style, my skin, good or bad they comment?

Hit your imaginary "ignore" button. Don't let anyone get to you. I would look at why? Are they insecure? If they think they can get to you, it will never stop. Do the opposite of what they expect you to do.



Why do the people in my office make comments on what I wear, my hair style, my skin, good or bad they comment?

Just ignore them. They're just trying to get your goat.



Or say "why in the world would you make such a rude comment?"



Why do the people in my office make comments on what I wear, my hair style, my skin, good or bad they comment?

It's not just your office, it's everybodys...People can't seem to mind their own business anymore...The best way is too get even behind their back....ie..Gay pride bumper stickers on their cars, write their neighbors telling them there's a sex offender living next door.....ect. When one of them insults you, instead of getting upset, start planning revenge !



Why do the people in my office make comments on what I wear, my hair style, my skin, good or bad they comment?

I would totally ignore them as if they weren't even there.



Or,



You could say as you look them straight in the eye, "Thank you for your unsolicited opinion. Have a nice day." Then either continue on with your work as a dismissive gesture or stare at them until they walk away. It takes a spine to do that, but you are establishing that you are not the bottom of the social peck order by doing so.



Good luck.



Why do the people in my office make comments on what I wear, my hair style, my skin, good or bad they comment?

It sounds like you need to stand up for yourself. I would talk to your boss again and say that you don't want to desensitize yourself, you just want people to leave you alone.



If you can, write an email to everyone in your office and say something like,



Attention workmates,



A few of you have been making comments about my appearance, some of which have not been very nice.



While I appreciate your views on how I look, I would prefer that such comments are kept to yourself, whether good or bad.



Thank you.



(Your name here)



If you still get the comments, ring the Citizens Advice Bureau and ask what you should do. They will tell you exactly what avenues you can take in order to stop the comments.



Good luck!!!



Why do the people in my office make comments on what I wear, my hair style, my skin, good or bad they comment?

wow do we work at the same place?!



People usually tease people they like. But if they are being serious then you should just do it right back. Go ahead, tell someone you think they're ugly! That will shut them up



Why do the people in my office make comments on what I wear, my hair style, my skin, good or bad they comment?

Here are a few question you should ask yourself. Please answer honestly and keep in mind that you are the only person who is being affected so it is in your best interest not to sugar coat the situation.



1. Have you asked the people who are making comments to stop?



2. Once you have asked them to stop making comments, have the comments continued?



3. Do you dread coming into work in the morning?



4. Do you feel down, depressed, or sad after leaving work because of the unwelcomed comments of your co-workers?



5. Have you contacted HR?



6. Is your job worth you feeling this way about yourself?



From the tone of your posting, I can sense that you are frustrated but not completely convinced that you are in a hostile work enviornment. Therefore, if you feel you have taken every step to make it clear that the "advise" your co-workers are dishing out is unwelcomed, then the ball is in your court. You have to make a decision as to whether this is something that you are willing to live with. Remeber, every company has its own coporate culture and manner in which it handles (or does not handle) issues that arise. So if your not happy, then you may have to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Bike