Thursday, June 17, 2010

How do I go to a salon and get the right professional, cut, and style/?

I've only cut my hair twice in my life, both times the layers were a disasterous! I went from long, beautiful flowing hair @ the nape of my back to bra strap length rubbish cut. You can't even tell where any of my layers begin, end... NOTHING. I'm growing it out to take my head somewhere else. But next time I want to go someplace credible. How do I get the right cut/style for myself and lifestyle? How do I look for a good quality salon in a new city? How do I know that stylist has credibility and professional style?



I really appreciate any and all help.



Blessings,



CutieMatuaMommy



How do I go to a salon and get the right professional, cut, and style/?

It is hard being in a new city to get this kind of information. If you are employed, ask co-workers for recommendations. If you go to church and see someone with a great cut ask them. if you are in school ask other students. Women are flattered if you complement their hair and should be happy to help you out. You can really only get the information you want from the experiences of others. good luck



How do I go to a salon and get the right professional, cut, and style/?

if you read magazines and they say a certain salon is good then it probably is good also go to a well know salon like toni and guy or vidal sasson good luck



How do I go to a salon and get the right professional, cut, and style/?

For the last two years I have had my hair done at JC Penney Salon, I know that doesn't sound too exclusive but I found a woman there who has cut and styled my hair just the way I want it from day one. She really is good and I'm sure you could find one at a Penney's near you.



If push comes to shove, you could drop by a few salons and check out their work. Good luck and God bless



How do I go to a salon and get the right professional, cut, and style/?

A good place to begin is by checking out magazines dedicated to hair styles, i.e., 101 Celebrity Hairstyles or Hype Hair. Or even Allure. Start looking at which hairstyles or types of hair that you think you would like on yourself and that would be easy for you to maintain on your own.



Next, determine the shape of your face (this is very important -- not all hairstyles look good on every shape of face). Is it oval (universal -- any hair style can work on an oval face), heart, oblong, round, square-ish?



Once you have somewhat of an idea, the next is the hard part: finding a salon. As suggested above, ask around your new town in places like friends, work, church, or the nail salon. If this doesn't work, the magazines list salons all over the United States and in UK -- but beware, these can be pricy! Another source is, of course, the internet. Most salons do *not* have websites, but those that do are generally well-received and may have branches or are part of a union or something similar to one. You can also check around town and head inside a salon for something cheap like a conditioning treatment or a simple blow out to see how they work and what sorts of styles and cuts that're being done for the other clients there. A lot of stylists like to talk while they're doing your hair, so you can ask for some advice or at least tell him/her your problem and they can recommend treatments or styles or even stylists that can work with what you have.



Hopefully, this will help in some way. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Electric Bike